Apply for Licences

*** Please send your emails in reference to the above applications to: ***

Ship’s Radio or Ship Portable Radio

Ships’ radio is used for the safe navigation of vessels and for making distress calls in emergency situations. It enables communication with coast stations, port/harbour authorities and with other vessels.
Ships radio can include MF (medium frequency), VHF (very high frequency), HF (high frequency), and UHF (ultra high frequency) radio equipment. It can also include satellite communications equipment, radar equipment, Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) and Search and Rescue Transponders (SARTs).

Amateur Radio

Amateur radio, sometimes known as ham radio, is both a hobby and a service that uses various types of radio equipment allowing communication with other radio amateurs for the purpose of self-training, recreation and public service.

Business Radio

Business Radio refers to radio systems used to support business needs, including Private/Professional Mobile Radio (PMR), Public Access Mobile Radio and pagers. Business Radio systems can use either analogue or digital technologies, and typically enable two-way speech or data communications between fixed (base stations) and mobile/hand-portable radios.

Aeronautical Radio

Aeronautical radio licensing covers aircraft radio licences, aeronautical ground station licences and navigation aids. The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) is responsible for managing aeronautical radio licenses, spectrum assignments and allocation.

More in this category: